Thursday, December 05, 2002

End Stage Renal Disease

Our big group discussion was over! or was it? As usual, we got 'boljak'ed by the ever famous nephrologist-facilitator Dra. B____. Am I allowed to post her name in my blog? Nah, I'll just keep it to myself before something bad happens (deja vu!) Anyways, our actual case was about End Stage Renal Disease. The history and PE that we painstakingly took and we thought were flawless were indeed, to our surprise, flawed. The differential diagnosis which I made was again flawed. She asked me to differentiate our differential diagnosis by urinalysis result. Of course I didn't prepare for it because I thought it would be on the ancillary procedures which another groupmate of mine prepared. It ended noone knew the answer. Funny in my case, I am a registered medical technologist and I didn't know the answer. Talk about irony.

However, the pathophysiology, management and journal went well. So much about luck!

After the heartbreaking boljak, there's a consolation for all of us. We'll be having a very long week-end. Tomorrow is the last day of Ramadan and President Arroyo (since last year) proclaimed it as a non-working holiday and for us students, a no-class day! And then on Monday, the University is celebrating the feast of the Immaculate Conception. Four-days of week-end.